Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Funday

It is 7:30 am NZ time and my Funyak/speedboad cruise is cancelled because of the pouring rain. I am secretly glad because I am exhausted and at the moment disorganized for the rest of the journey. This will give me time to repack and plan ahead. Going to edit some more photos today. I need to delete some stuff from my computer as I have filled it up!

The shuttle was going to town at 11:00 so I decided to go and do some Christmas shopping. Good luck for some family members - I found your gift today!! Not telling who. Let me just say that wool may not be in your stocking as scarves are from $45 - $109.Since 4 of you live in Florida it is senseless to get you wool anyway!  Sweaters, capes and hats are much more. The funny thing is that the Merlino wool is blended with possum. Seriously? It looks creepy, but all I can think of is a possum patrol picking up road kill for sweater making material...yuck. The scarves are actually quite smooth like cashmere.










For lunch I found a recommended place along the waterfront called Ivy & Lola's Kitched. This is pork with coleslaw and fresh pita. Delicious.











Whoops, wrong turn!!!!


The name of a restaurant.



















After an afternoon in the lobby with Heidi and Lisa we decide to go out to dinner in town. We end up at Madam Woo's Malaysian Street Food. I think Heidi fell asleep.

This is a photo of our chicken satay. In addition to this we had a Jasmine rice, port ribs and perick chicken with toasted cocoanut roti cani style. That means chicken with jalapano and red peppers, onions peanut sauce served in a soft pancake that was like "a party in my mouth".  All of this was only $52 which I think was pretty good for 2 people. No lamb tonight.

Now I really have to pack for tomorrow morning. I am leaving QT for Dunedin which is about 4 hours on the bus to the East. I am looking forward to my penguin encounter and seeing the albatross colony. Since I will return to the Reese in 2 days, they are keeping my large suitcase in storage so I don't have to haul it around Dunedin.

More adventures tomorrow! Thanks for all the comments you have sent me on my Facebook page. I appreciate each of you who are following my journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment