Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday Evening in QT

Seems like this day will not end. I got a message from three of my travel friends to join them for dinner. How nice that Curtis has a car and we don't have to be on a bus again! Since Curtis lives here now (originally from Texas and is Trey's trip coordinator) he knew all the right places to go in the evening. The town is packed and we slip in to a parking spot across from a Hostel. Never been to one and it was quite crowded and noisy. This is an adventure location so I can see why so many people are in this place.

Our first stop was The Cow and old sheep shearing shed made of some local slate like building materials.  We shared a table with 2 people from Denmark and had fantastic garlic bread, a mess of veggies on a pizza in this quaint building. I was a cross between the bar in the Indiana Jones movie with Karen Black that burnt to the ground at the start of the movie and small English Pub. Jackie Evans you would have fit in just right here! It was so dark I didn't really know what I was eating on the pizza. No matter,it was great.


Sorry these are a bit dark and smuggy but the light was low and these are from my iPhone. Smooth wine, pizza and delicious garlic bread. I could see the chef paint garlic butter with chopped garlic over the top then sprinkle with parsley. I will do this at home for sure.


This beer bottle looked huge! It was only 17 ounces but seemed so much larger. This location was the Eichart Hotel, which is the oldest and most expensive hotel in QT. Located right on the lake it only has 10 elegantly designed rooms for rent.

We returned back to the Reese Hotel around 10:00, which was early for this week!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are having fun. Your pictures are amazing. If you want to go to Hawaii and rent a condo on Waikoloa, let me know That's where we stayed and loved it. Continued great fun

    ReplyDelete