Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Last Dinner in Auckland

After a full day on Waiheke Island with the Bickerton clan, I looked for a nice place to have a dinner on the harbor. This harbor area is designed much like Baltimore's Inner Harbor with shops, restaurants and tourist museums all around the marina. I found a nice place called Wildfire which appeared to be in the Hilton as it was in the same building. All I was thinking here was POINTS!

The restaurant specialized the the Brazilian type of meat dinner for $45 per person. I was not that
hungry so I settled on pumpkin and walnut ravioli in a pomodoro sauce and a glass of wine. The meal was not a disappointment either. I overlooked the Maritime Museum with a large collection of sailboats in the harbor and inside the building. The family next to me had the Brazilian dinner and I watched various meat in large skewers go by every so often. it looked and smelled very good. Someday I'll have to try that.



The harbor in Auckland looks to handle many different activities from the ferries that handle commuters, casual sailboat tours, very large America's Cup type sailboats, industrial shipping and tourism. It is busy there from the early hours of the day to the late sunset diners overlooking hundreds of beautiful sailboats.

I tried some creative photos of the Ferry Terminal Building at night. The camera was able to capture the moving cars and buses moving in front of the building as ghostly figures with the restored Terminal in the back.


Maritime Museum









Since I had a bit of time this afternoon, I did some last minute Christmas shopping and found some fun things to bring home.








No comments:

Post a Comment